Thursday, January 6, 2011

Is it me? It's the machine, right???

It all started in the 8th grade when I had to take a home economics class. After we had all suffered through weeks of nutrition information, it was time for our final project...sewing a t-shirt. Easy?? Not for the guys...and apparently...not for Hannah. To this day, I'm not really sure what I did wrong, but in the end, my shirt looked like this...
..and that's not a lie y'all. It was pitiful, embarrassing, and shocking all wrapped into one. Right then and there I decided that sewing WASN'T for me...so I focused my sights on greener pastures...like batting my eyes at the boys and seeing how fast I could complete 200 write-offs given to me for talking during morning study hall! :)
 Fast forward 15 years and I actually decided to try again. Who can't sew a straight line? I wanted new pillow covers but was too cheap to buy them...so pushing my first experience with sewing out of my mind, I went for it. And long story short, after my entire living room was covered with fabric and piles of knotted up thread(for some reason the machine was just parked in the same place going over and over itself), I gave up. For the second time in my life. We(the machine and I) exchanged nasty words and MAYBE I shed a few tears(H was a baby so I blame hormones for that one) and then I marched in the kitchen and got myself a cold beer...at 11:30 in the morning.
 When that sewing machine was declared "defective" by my MIL, I gladly gave it to the Goodwill. And when Christmas time came around this past year, guess what I asked for? You betcha. A new sewing machine. After all...it was the MACHINE not the USER right????  Maybe third time really is a charm....

Hannah

PS. As I was about to post this, H came up to me, looked at the screen, and said..."Hey...what is wrong with that shirt. Why does it look like that?"  Well little fella...your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment